Friday, March 11, 2011

LUCK O' THE IRISH



Winter does not seem to want to let go! Letting the cat out into the still dark, frigid, early morning air, I noticed the icy white crust on the deck boards.  Brr... Needless to say - Kitty did not last long out there, before he was pawing the door to get back in.

The knitting and spinning continues to bring a much needed shot of color and warmth into the cold, snowy days as I impatiently wait for spring to finally arrive.

 One of the groups I belong to is a Mystery Knitting group. I have really enjoyed knitting along, getting the clues each week. Since it is March, I was feeling in an Irish mood with St Patty's Day coming up soon, and decied to use some of my green handspun. I had some washed merino and bfl locks in the stash. I dyed them along with some angora, and silk noil in a variety of green shades. I also carded in some cashmere for added softness. After spinning a 2 ply fingering wt. yarn, I finally cast on. I have made some progress, and it's a interesting pattern. Could it be a cowl? Maybe a hat? Not sure yet. Will post photos later as I get a little further along.


February's mystery pattern is done, and it was this fun, chunky neck scarf.  Shades of blue and natural shetland were washed, carded and spun into a 2 ply worsted weight.
 The pattern is Shizuku by Angela Tong. The name of the scarf means drops or tear drop in Japanese. Very easy knit and flew right along. Love the "Dingleballs" around the edge. At least that's what came to my mind when I started to knit this scarf. I think I'll have to make a few more.


Cotton candy  - The Sweet Shop - March Phatfiber Box

Samples are done and at Phatfiber headquarters. I made up a few for the shop at http://www.giffordables.etsy.com/  just in case you don't get one in your box. Also in the shop are some larger blended batts of Cotton Candy with some extra sugar sparkle.

Checkout:  http://phatfiber.blogspot.com/ for more info about the fun Phatfiber box.

Well the weekend is almost upon us, and here's hoping yours is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment