Thursday, December 3, 2009

Homemade Venison Chili

Nothing like some homemade venison chili - to warm you up on a cold winters day. This is what I made for supper last night. Of course - I had to bake some big biscuits to dip into that chili.

Thought - I would share my recipe :


2 lbs. - venison - (corn fed from the farmers fields, has the best flavor)
3/4 cup chopped celery with some leaves
medium onion - chopped
couple of good shakes - of chili powder to taste

I - brown all this together.


Then... add:

One large can of diced tomatoes
One small can of tomato paste
Two cans of dark red kidney beans
1 to 2 tbs. of brown sugar
Add 2 to 3 cups of water and let simmer all day.... til supper.

It will reduce and the flavors come together. Will be quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment