Friday, June 12, 2009

THE WOOL CAVE


A few days ago I mentioned "The Wool Cave", and Pog from http://pogknits.blogspot.com/ mentioned that she wished she had one. Be careful what you wish for....;) It used to be my son's former bedroom and I can remember thinking once the boy moves out, I can turn that into a nice guest room, for when my mom visits. Sounds like a great idea, right? Well.... the boy grew up and moved out. Gone was the closed door which hid mountains of sweat socks, magazines and other assorted objects that caught his interest at the time. I washed, painted, hung new mini blinds, made new curtains, magazine rack for mom to choose from and reading light. It was refreshed and new, and ready for the first visit. Well all worked out well, and mom did have her guest room, but due to dad's health issues the visits dwindled down to few and we traveled there to visit them.
When it happened.... I don't know, but it seems that one day I tried to get into the room and had trouble opening the door. Yes...there used to be a bed in there somewhere? At that point my DH dubbed the room "The Wool Cave". He is good hearted about it but, I feel the guilt! "I'm going to clean it!!!" "Really! I'm going to do it". "Don't bug Me"!! Boy does that sound familiar! Now, I sound like the boy whose room this used to be. Well... today's the day I"m straighting this up! I opened the door to THAT room this morning and thought oh... this is going to take a while and you know it Friday and the sun is finally out and no more rain... and the weekend is coming... I think I need to enjoy the flowers and my garden. Monday will come soon enough and I"ll start in on the room then. Til then I leave you with a shot from my garden. Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment