Friday, November 27, 2009

Beloved Old Slippers - The Challenge

" Favorite slippers" says hubby. Worn everyday for a little over two years, they earned their keep. "Maybe I can save them". So into the washer and dryer they went. The holes in the soles seemed bigger now that the slippers were cleaned.

So, I started to think of a way that I could save them. I know... Why bother? I think part of it is the challenge to see if I could. I scrounged around in the Wool Cave til I found more of the same yarn. No red, but green would do and give them a Holiday look. I started to cast on for new soles. I think I'm going to cut off the old soles with about a 1/4 inch left and attach new soles after I felt them.
I already have a new pair to replace the old ones, but I'm having fun reworking the old pair. If anyone has any ideas as to how to get the job done, let me know. Would love to hear any ideas you all might have .


No comments:

Post a Comment